Thursday, June 25, 2009

But I'm being good!!!

It seems very, very unfair that, because I have actually given up smoking (5 days and counting) I get sick…

 

Since I’ve stopped I’ve developed a horrible cough (my poor lungs are trying to expel the tar built up from ten years at twenty a day) and I’ve an ear infection to boot (which is viciously painful and has rendered me slightly deaf in my left ear).

 

It’s enough to make me want to start again, just to get back to normal, but we will persevere against all the odds…

 

I’m developing a disturbingly close relationship with the Nicorette patches… they are my new best friends.

 

1 comment:

Atom said...

I only know you as a blogger 'friend-of-a-friend' - never met and know nothing personal about you except what I have read on the blog. But I can say PLEASE DO NOT START AGAIN. All 12-step programs require 'a belief in a higher power', but I quit after 20 years without this belief, and so can you... I first had to admit to my addiction, though - it ain't a habit, my dear. You are a nicotine addict and what finally convinced me was the math: 20 cigarettes a day for 20 years and probably 5 drags per butt = 730,000 doses of nicotine. Any drug that you give yourself that many times and you 'have difficulty' quitting has you addicted.