Thursday, January 22, 2009

Recession bites...

This month the combined costs of Gas bills, Electrity bills, rent, television bill, television licence, internet connection, credit union and loan repayment came to €400 more than a months wages; leaving me a grand total of zero for things such as food, clothes and much needed alcohol. Also, said wage was reduced by about €50 because of the new tax.

Damn recession.

Some years ago when I was delighted to be accepted into an access course and go to university I thought that I could get a degree and be fairly 'cash comfortable', however as it was an arts degree it was feck all use to me!

I'm not one of those people with huge dreams, I don't want to be a millionaire, but it would be nice to earn enough money to live on.

Today I am mostly sad, and life seems just a bit harder than it really should be. Tomorrow things will be brighter, I'll still be poor but I'll have gotten giving out about it out of my system.

No comments: